Sunday, October 26, 2008

YESSSSSSS..'nuff said

Oh my goodness I had another great night (actually 2 great nights) of concerts. On Tuesday I went to the Cobra Starship concert at The Avalon in SLC. Sandee and I won tickets to a meet and greet with them before the show. Here are some pictures from it:

Our VIP wristbands for the meet and greet


Vicky T, she plays the keytar


Ryland, he plays the guitar. He also does a character called Guy Ripley. He is a British interviewer who interviews the different bands. He is hilarious. Just go to You Tube and search for Guy Ripley and you will find a bunch of videos on him.


Nate, he plays the drums.


Alex, he plays the bass.
The singer, Gabe, wasn't there because he was "resting his vocals" because he was sick. Apparently he did something to vocal chords and the doctor told him he shouldn't be singing and should cancel the tour, but he didn't listen. So he was doing everything he could to not use his voice as much. I still think he should have came to meet his fans. You can still have your picture taken and sign something without talking to much. I was sad...oh well.
One of the other bands we meet was Forever The Sickest Kids. They are one of my FAVORITE bands. Here are some pics with few of the members:


Kent, he plays the keyboard


Austin, he plays the bass....he is my favorite because he so freakin hilarious!


Caleb, he plays the guitar. Now this is a funny story about him. Sandee has what we call "Caleb Radar". We only started this radar because she is pretty much in love with him. Anyway, we were standing there listening to one of the opening bands, either Sing It Loud or Hit The Lights, I can't remember, anyway then all of a sudden I get a nudge on my arm and it's Sandee and she pointing and smiling. I look and it is Caleb walking towards us. So of course I stop and ask to a picture with him. We was all chill about it, it was pretty cool. Then I took a pic of him with Sandee and it turned out blurry, so I asked if he could take it again and he did! Then he stood next to us and listened to the band for a couple minutes. We both were looking at each like what do we do? It was pretty cool. Then after they played they said that they would be at their merch table to come and say hi. As soon as they were off the stage it seems like everyone went back there. It was CRAZY!! We went back there and saw Austin and Kent and Johnathan (their lead singer). We didn't get a pic of Johnathan though because as soon as it was out turn to take a pic with him, their bodyguard took him away. They were being bombarded!! I was sad because we were sooooo close to take a pic with him. Next time we HAVE to no matter what! Caleb was back there too, but after we went back to our seat. Of course Sandee saw him LOL Ok back to the story. After the show we went outside and Sandee immediately saw Caleb (I'm tellin ya..Caleb radar). We just watched him and then saw that he was walking towards our car. We immediately started walking towards our car and as soon as we turned the corner there was Caleb! We went up to him and said that they get a great job and we was like "Oh thank you so much!" and then he hugged us :) It was a good night :)
Another story from that night was with Nate from Sing It Loud. We didn't know who they were because we had never listened to them before. We were sitting down waiting for the people outside to come in (because we had the meet and greet we were inside first). Anyway this guy comes up to us and he's like hey my name is Nate and I am the first band Sing It Loud. He was telling us that he was selling their cd which is normally ten but he would sell it to us for five. I happened to have exactly five dollars on me. As soon as I said that he was like it's fate! So I bought it and I told him I would only buy it if he signed it for me. So he did and he wrote "To Heather and Sandee, you two are wonderful" then he signed his name. I didn't get a pic with him though. Then after they were finished with their set they were wandering around meeting people and selling their cd. Then during Cobra Starship he came and stood right in between me and Sandee (we were right next to each other because we both wanted to see) So he watched Cobra with us and started to dance and sing. I told him they did great and he was like oh thank you so much and gave me a high five. We listened to their cd on the way home and they are actually pretty good. It was a great night :)
I know I mentioned before that I had another great concert night (it was last night), but I think I will talk about that in my next post. So check back!






No comments: