Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mount Timp. Caves

This last Saturday I hiked Mt. Timp. up to the caves. Yes, you read right. I was told that it wasn't that bad, only 1 1/2 miles and that it wasn't steep...HA HA HA! It was hard! Well, I guess I should say it was hard for me. I am very proud of myself though. I wanted to turn around and go down so many times, but I didn't give up! My calves were killing me, I had a pain in my right shoulder, and I only had one water bottle, I made it though! I did have some help. We combined with the Northridge Branch and their branch president stayed back with me. He even massaged my calves, which by the way helped a lot! Thank goodness for President Smith! Then when I had just a couple of zig zags yet (if you have been there you know what I mean) I had some of my friends come down to walk up with me! They were cheering me on and pushing me up the hill. I tell ya, having people supporting ya really helps! Once we got to the top we took a tour through the caves. It was interesting. I wish the tour was longer though. Took me 1 1/2 hours to hike to the top and the tour was only about 45 min. I am not sure if it really was that long since I wasn't looking at my watch, but it wasn't more then an hour I know that. After the hike and tour we went to the Mayan at Jordan Commons. It was good. Then I came home and slept. I forgot to mention that we were suppose to meet at 6am, so I was going to pick my friend up at 5:45, well that didn't happen. I get a voicemail at 6 from Liz asking where I was, and I had just woke up. I actually didn't hear my phone ring when she called, just when it went off that I had a voicemail. My friend Lindsey also texted me and I didn't hear it. I don't know what happened, but my clock said 3 when it was actually 6. So I was rushing and got to the church at 6:30 just as they were leaving. So, I was pretty tired. I slept when I got home. Here are some pics from the hike:





Here is a picture of the city of Lehi




Here is a picture of a truck on the road. It's the red dot.


As you can see, we were pretty high up. These pictures weren't taken from the top. We were going down the mountain and decided to take some pictures. Good thing I am not afraid of heights anymore!

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

You go girl. My husbands family did that hike last summer and I was so happy that I was prego so I did not have to do it. My husband is a hiker and I need to get into shape so I can do with him.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm proud you made it to the top! I'm not much of a hiker and so I did that hike once and that was good enough for me. At least for now.