Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sickness and Thanksgiving

Well, I know it's late but I will say it anyway....Happy Thanksgiving! These last 2 weeks have been crazy! I had the stomach flu last week and now this week I have a cold :( I would rather have a cold then the stomach flu though!

This last Monday I did a Thanksiving dinner for about 100 people. You must be thinking I am crazy huh? Well I didn't do it alone. See I am my wards FHE chair and we decided to do a Thanksgiving dinner for FHE and combine with another ward. So I had my committee members to help me. It didn't start out great though. I got off work early so I could get to the church and start setting up. The night before we set up the tables, tablecloths, and chairs, but when we got there Monday they were all taken down! Apparently this soccer group came in to the gym to practice and took them all down! They were still there when we got there and they said they were gonna be done by 6 and would set everything up the way it was. Luckily that gave us an hour before the dinner started. Everything else went great though. We had close to 100 people show up, so it's good that I planned on that amount. I didn't get home til about 11 and my feet were killing me! It took about five times to try and eat my dinner. By the time I finished it my food was cold...oh well! LOL Good thing it's over. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and I wish you all A Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: